Sunday 17 October 2010

Film Review: AVPR: ALIENS Vs PREDATOR - REQUIEM (2007)


Directors: Colin Strause & Greg Strause
Running time: 96 mins (approx)
Certification (UK): 15

UK release date: 18th January 2008

Watched on DVD Sunday 17th October 2010.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW.

I can’t say I wasn’t warned about this one, several of my friends have told me it was pretty bad. Of course, curiosity got the better of me and I put the disc in the machine and watched it. I have to say my friends, on this occasion, were correct. It sucks pretty much all the way through. I won’t bother with a plot synopsis, but if you’ve seen the Alien movies, the Predator movies and any slasher movie, you’ve seen this.

So why the massive score I hear you ask. Well, credit where it’s due, the special effects weren’t too bad and I did like the way the 5.1 surround sound was done. Apart from that, an awful script, that was so predictable it wasn’t true, some adequate acting, but no better than you’ll see in your average slasher flick and lots of darkness to cover up the guys in the rubber suits (that’s the Aliens & the Predators for those that can’t work that out) all added up to one big let down I’m afraid.

So, if you love the Alien movies, as I do, love the Predator movies (even the rather bad AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)), as I do, then I beg you; please give this one a miss. It’s not worth it… really… Don’t let curiosity get the better of you like I did! Please! I think you can guess the next bit… NOT recommended.

My score: 3.2/10

LINKS:
IMDb Site: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/
Official Site: http://www.avp-r.com/
Trailer: http://uk.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK/video/imdb/vi682754329/

No comments: