Sunday 5 December 2010

Gig Review: HAWKWIND plus support: THE JOKERS at the Holmfirth Picturedome 4th December 2010

THE JOKERS


The Jokers are a tight rock outfit from Liverpool. They put on a good show, putting plenty of energy into their performance. Most of the songs they played were their own material from their album ‘The Big Rock & Roll Show’; I particularly liked the track ‘Hell to L.A.’. They also did a cover of the Beatles ‘Helter Skelter’ which went down very well. I really hope they make it, they put on a very good show and I look forward to hearing more from them in the future.

My Score: 7.5/10

Official Site: http://thejokers.com/


HAWKWIND


I can’t say I was an enormous fan of Hawkwind, I have heard their music on and off over the years and even seen them a few times but I guess they never really struck a chord with me. That is until now. For the first time I saw Hawkwind and really enjoyed and understood what they’re all about. I couldn’t tell you what songs they played, but it all sounded pretty good to me! Of course, it’s not just about the music, a great pastiche of images projected onto the back of the stage played a great part in the show. Add to this the two beautiful female dancers that came onto the stage in different costumes for several tracks made for a very entertaining show. I will definitely try to see Hawkwind again! But next time I hope we don’t have to travel so far in the freezing weather.

My Score: 8/10

Official site: http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/tix2b.htm

No comments: