Thursday 31 July 2008

Film Review: The Incredibles (2004)


Every now and then, I’ll chuck in a film review of something I’ve watched either on TV, at the cinema or on DVD.

I caught this on TV the other day and quite liked it.

Mr Incredible, a Superhero, is sued after saving a man attempting to commit suicide. Lawyers force him and all other Superheroes to live the rest of their lives under their ‘secret identity’. He now lives under the name Bob Parr with his wife Helen, formerly Elastogirl (another Superhero) and their three children Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack the baby. It turns out, not surprisingly, that the kids have superpowers too. As you can imagine, Mr Incredible is less than satisfied working in insurance and yearns for some excitement, and boy does he get it!

I’ll not say too much more in case you haven’t seen it yet. I thought it had a good strong story, although I could have done with a little less of the kids’ bickering. Nice performances by all the cast, particularly Brad Bird for his portrayal of Edna ‘E’ Mode who designs and makes the costumes for all the Superheroes. I believe she even appeared in the following years Oscar ceremony!

Good all-round entertainment: 7.5 out of 10

No comments: